Head Injury, Age 4 and Older - Prevention
- Wear your seat belt when in a motor vehicle. Use child car seats.
Help your child prevent injury during sports and other activities.
- Do not use alcohol or other drugs before participating in sports or when operating a motor vehicle or other equipment.
- Wear a helmet and other protective clothing whenever you are biking, motorcycling, skating, skateboarding, kayaking, horseback riding, skiing, snowboarding, or rock climbing.
- Wear a hard hat if you work in an industrial area.
- Do not dive into shallow or unfamiliar water.
Prevent falls in your home by removing hazards that might cause a fall.
- Do not keep guns in your home. If you must keep guns, lock them up and store them unloaded. Lock ammunition in a separate area.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Head Injury, Age 4 and Older Topics