Swollen Glands, Hernias, and Other Lumps Under the Skin - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- When did you first notice the lump or swollen gland?
- Has the lump changed? Has it gotten bigger or smaller? Has the color of the lump changed?
- Have you had any recent illness or injury?
- Have you had a similar problem in the past in the same area or a different area?
- Were your symptoms evaluated?
- Was there a diagnosis?
- How was it treated?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines have you taken or used? Did they help?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Swollen Glands, Hernias, and Other Lumps Under the Skin Topics