To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- When did you first notice the lump or swollen gland?
- Has the lump changed? Has it gotten bigger or smaller? Has the color of the lump changed?
- Have you had any recent illness or injury?
- Have you had a similar problem in the past in the same area or a different area?
- Were your symptoms evaluated?
- Was there a diagnosis?
- How was it treated?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines have you taken or used? Did they help?
- Do you have any health risks?