Call 911 anytime you think your child may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- Your child seems very sick or is hard to wake up.
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- Your child seems to be getting sicker.
- Your child has signs of needing more fluids. These signs include sunken eyes with few tears, a dry mouth with little or no spit, and little or no urine for 6 hours.
- Your child has new or worse belly pain.
- Your child vomits blood or what looks like coffee grounds.
Watch closely for changes in your child's health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- Your child does not get better as expected.