Show Your Love with a Heart-Healthy Dinner
Cook up our healthy (and romantic!) dinner for that special someone
Roasted Pecan Salmon
By Kathleen Zelman
4 salmon filets (4-6 oz. each)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1 teaspoon parsley
Wedges of fresh lemon
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place skin side down on baking
- Combine mustard and honey, brush on top of salmon.
- Mix topping of breadcrumbs, nuts, and parsley and sprinkle over
- Bake at 400 degrees 10-15 minutes or until flaky. Serve with wedges of
Journal 1 filet as 1 serving fatty fish.
By Elaine Magee
1/8 cup fresh fruit (such as berries, sliced peaches, etc.)
1/8 cup low-fat or regular yogurt (flavor of your choice)
1/8 cup low-fat granola
- Layer the different ingredients in a parfait glass and repeat layers.
Yield: Makes 1 parfait
Nutritional Information: per parfait: 160 calories, 5 g protein, 32 g
carbohydrate, 2.5 g fat, 0.4 g saturated fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 2.6 g fiber, 80
mg sodium. Calories from fat: 12%. 96 mg calcium.
Our advice: Yogurt makes a great snack, but day after day it can get a
bit boring. This is one way to make it a little more interesting.
Journal as 1 serving fresh fruit and 1/2 cup low fat yogurt sweetened with
fruit or frozen.