Cholesterol Drug Guidelines
Other Tips for Remembering Your Medication
Make an instruction sheet for yourself by taping a sample of each pill you have to take on a sheet of paper and writing down all the information about that pill to remind you.
- Use special day-of-the-week divided pillboxes that help you keep track of medications. Many types of pill containers are available. Timer caps can be purchased for pill bottles to remind you of the proper time to take medication. Ask your pharmacist about which containers or reminder aids might be right for you.
- Ask people close to you to help remind you.
- Keep a medication chart near your medicine and make a note every time you take your dose.
- Ask your pharmacist to help you develop a coding system for your medications that makes them easier to take.
- Get some colored labels and place them on your medicine bottles to simplify your routine. For example, blue can be for morning, red for afternoon, and yellow for bedtime.