Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being ready to answer the following
- When did your throat symptoms
- Do you have a fever? Describe your fever
- Do other family members, friends, or coworkers have
- Do you have other symptoms associated with the
sore throat, such as a head cold?
- What makes the pain
- Have you had your tonsils removed?
- Have you been
diagnosed with strep throat in the past? How long ago? Was it found during a
doctor visit, with a rapid strep test or with a throat culture? How was it
- What immunizations have you had?
- What home treatment have you tried? Did it help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines have you tried?
Did they help?
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
February 01, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.