10 Questions to Ask the Doctor About Colon Cancer
Since you’ve recently been diagnosed with colon cancer, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- How far has my cancer spread?
- What stage is my cancer? What does that mean?
- How soon do I need to start treatment?
- Which treatments do I need? What are the side effects?
- Which specialists will I see? What are their roles?
- What is your experience in treating people with colon cancer?
- What are my chances for recovery after treatment?
- Will I need a colostomy? Will it be permanent?
- How often will I need checkups after treatment?
- What can I do to stop my cancer from coming back?
Sujana Movva, MD on April 26, 2015
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.