10 Questions to Ask Doctor About Depression
If you were recently diagnosed with
depression, ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
1. Is there a medical or physical cause for my
2. What are the pros and cons of
treating depression with medicine or psychotherapy?
3. What are the side effects and long-term effects of the
4. Does the prescribed medicine require medical monitoring with
blood tests or blood pressure readings?
5. How long will it take for the treatment to work?
6. What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking the prescribed
7. If I am sexually active, is it safe to become
pregnant while taking the prescribed depression medicine?
8. Do St. John's wort and other herbal therapies help with
9. What can be done to prevent my
depression from recurring?
10. Does depression run in families? Will my children be depressed?