Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Handling an Emergency Overseas

  • If you have a diabetic emergency while you’re overseas and you don't know where to go, try the American consulate, the Red Cross, or a local medical school.
  • Prescription laws may be very different in foreign countries. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) recommends getting a list of International Diabetes Federation groups from
  • Get a list of English-speaking foreign doctors from the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers, or 716-754 4883.