Diabetes: Tips for Daily Foot Care
Your Daily Foot Exam Checklist continued...
Call Your Doctor if You Notice:
- Changes in skin color.
- Changes in skin temperature.
- Swelling in your foot or ankle.
- Pain in your legs.
- Open sores on your feet that are draining or slow to heal.
- Ingrown toenails or toenails infected with fungus.
- Corns or calluses.
- Dry cracks in the skin, especially around the heel.
- Unusual and/or persistent foot odor.
How to Protect Your Feet:
- Don't go barefoot.
- Wear only flat shoes that cover your feet.
- Break in new footwear gradually.
- Make sure shoes fit properly.
- Always wear cotton or wool socks.
- Buy shoes when wearing your normal socks.
October 28, 2011
© 2008 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.