Questions About Insulin for and from Your Doctor
Can I reuse syringes?
Reusing syringes can lower your costs. Ask your doctor whether you can safely reuse your syringes, and how to keep them clean to prevent infection. If you throw out your syringes after each use, learn how to safely dispose of them.
Questions Your Doctor May Ask You
You won't be the only one asking questions at your visit. Your doctor may also ask a few questions of you, including:
- How are you feeling while taking your insulin?
- Are you having any side effects?
- How are you responding to your insulin dose? Are you having any problems with high or low blood sugar?
- Have you had any trouble using your insulin syringe, pen, or pump?
- Do you know how to store and dispose of your used syringes/needles?
Make the most of the time you have with your doctor. Keep a record of your questions so that you can address any insulin-related concerns as they arise. Your doctor can help monitor your progress so that you can successfully manage your diabetes.