Diabetes-Related High and Low Blood Sugar Levels - Check Your Symptoms
Call 911 if:
- You passed out, or you suddenly become very sleepy or confused.
- You have symptoms of very high blood sugar, such as feeling very sleepy or confused, breathing very fast, or having fruity-smelling breath.
- You have chest pain or pressure, or a strange feeling in your chest, especially if it occurs with other signs of a heart attack.
Call your doctor if:
- You have a blood sugar level that stays higher than the level your doctor has set for you.
- You have a blood sugar level that stays lower than the level your doctor has set for you.
- You are sick and having trouble controlling your blood sugar.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 20, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Diabetes-Related High and Low Blood Sugar Levels Topics