Test your blood sugar continued...
A continuous glucose monitor, or CGM, reports on your blood sugar at least every 5 minutes, day and night. And it sounds an alarm if it sees that your levels are headed out of range.
Having a record of your blood sugar over time can
help you and your doctor know how well your treatment is working and whether
you need to make any changes.
- Home Blood Sugar Diary(What is a PDF document?)
- High Blood Sugar Record Level(What is a PDF document?)
Take medicines, if you need them
taking type 2 diabetes medicine or insulin, you will need to know
how to deal with low blood sugar and how to give yourself an insulin shot.
- Diabetes: Dealing With Low Blood Sugar From Insulin
- Diabetes: Dealing With Low Blood Sugar From Medicines
- Diabetes: Giving Yourself an Insulin Shot
Check your feet and skin daily
Check your feet and skin every day for
signs of problems. Nerve damage makes it hard to feel an injury or infection.
- Diabetes: Taking Care of Your Feet
- Checklist for Daily Foot Exams
- Care of Your Skin When You Have Diabetes
Living and coping
Trying to manage your type 2 diabetes isn't easy.
Some days you may feel like it's just too much work to do everything you need
to do. There will be times when you just don't feel like testing and tracking
your blood sugar.
It's normal to feel sad
or even angry sometimes when you have a health problem. Even though you've had a while to get
used to the idea of having type 2 diabetes, you may still have trouble adjusting. You
may find it hard to
When you feel sad, give yourself time to
adjust to your losses. If you feel overwhelmed,
just try to focus on one day at a time. Do the best you can. You don't have to
- Depression: Stop Negative Thoughts
Get the support you need
If you're having trouble coping with your feelings,
try talking with a
counselor. A professional may make it easier to say
things you wouldn't talk about with friends or family.