Conquer Your Food Cravings
Find the best, research-proven ways to keep chocolate and cookies and chips from wrecking your diet.
What's your craving personality? Take our quiz and find out! continued...
4. You ordered a salad with grilled chicken and your friends are splitting a
pizza, which looks and smells delicious. You:
- a. Enjoy your salad but ask for a few more Parmesan shavings to feed your
- b. Pick at the half slice your friends left.
- c. Order a slice for yourself.
5. It's been a busy week. On Friday afternoon, you're exhausted, so you:
- a. Take a brisk walk or meditate for about 10 minutes.
- b. Head down to the kitchen, cafeteria, or vending machines for a cup of
coffee and some crackers and cheese.
- c. Buy a chocolate bar and eat it.
6. There's a slab of coconut layer cake in the fridge from yesterday's
birthday party. You are:
- a. So busy you've completely forgotten it's there.
- b. Aware you're thinking too much about it, so you get engrossed in
mah-jongg on the computer.
- c. So totally obsessed with the thought of it, you cut yourself a
If Your Answers Were Mostly A's: You have it under control. You can
safely sample $60-a-pound chocolates and still lose weight. But if you
occasionally need help resisting temptation, check out the "Give In" tips.
If Your Answers Were Mostly B's: You're clearly not a mindless eater
(that's good), but you sometimes bite off more than you should be chewing. You
can follow the "Give In" advice unless there are particular foods that call to
you. If so, familiarize yourself with the "Give It Up" tips.
If Your Answers Were Mostly C's: You have a tendency to go one
truffle over the line, so you need to stick with the "Give It Up" advice until
you master the tricks for staying in control.