Food Lovers Fat Loss System: Diet Review
Getting Started on the Plan continued...
Dieters eat three meals and snacks every 2-3 hours using the Fat Loss Plate with approved foods in proper portions. Most meals contain about 15 grams of protein and 30 grams of carbs and total calories vary but are never less than 1,200 for women and 1,500 for men.
Dieters are instructed to drink 12 8-ounce glasses of water daily, plus 8 ounces for each 20 minutes of exercise. Allegedly, the excessive amount of water will release 5 pounds of fat in a month. "There are not studies to document this fat loss to my knowledge; however, it is not bad advice, especially for people who drink a large portion of their calories, to switch to water," says Dudek.
Exercise is part of the plan, which includes workout videos.
More than just the 21 Day Metabolism Makeover and Food Lovers for Life diet plans, the mail-order package ($139.99) includes workout and motivational videos, menu planner, cookbook, success journal, eating out advisor and online community support is also available.
The Fat Loss Plate and Snacks
Protein is the centerpiece of the fat loss plate along with fast carbs, slow carbs, and optional healthy fats. No counting calories or fat grams, but portions are controlled. There are three versions of the fat loss plate to choose from:
- Version A: 1 protein +1 fast carb + 1 slow carb (Spaghetti and meatballs with a side salad)
- Version B: 1 protein +3 slow carbs (Entree salad with grilled chicken)
- Version C: 1 protein and 1 fast carb (turkey sandwich)
One tablespoon of healthy fat is allowed per meal only with lean protein and low-fat fast carbs.
For the first five days, snacks are either one portion of a whole food such as an apple or any food that doesn't exceed 150-250 calories. "Accelerator snacks," which are recommended starting on day 6, must also contain at least 7 grams of protein.
What's on the Menu?
The plan involves using the "fat loss plate" in one of three variations.
Here are the recommended foods to choose to make a healthy fat loss plate:
- Lean protein: pork tenderloin, sirloin steak, extra lean ground beef, skinless poultry breast, fish, low-fat dairy, and eggs
- Fast carbs: pasta, couscous, potatoes, bagels, English muffins, rolls, blueberries, cherries, grapes, apples, and dried fruits
- Slow carbs: artichokes, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, broccoli, eggplant, asparagus, squash, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, lemons, limes, and legumes
- Free carbs: bok choi, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, onions, chili peppers, lettuce, mushrooms, radishes, spinach, and sprouts
- Fats: butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese, bacon, sausage, light salad dressing, nuts and seeds
Limited amounts of coffee, tea, diet drinks, and club soda are allowed.
Foods not recommended because, according to the plan, they are likely to slow metabolism: white, bleached, and enriched flours; alcohol; soda; saturated fats; trans fats; partially hydrogenated oils; high fructose corn syrup and other sugars; foods high in sodium; and most processed foods.