The Do's and Don'ts of Wedding Weight Loss
How to lose weight before the big day -- and avoid 'heavier ever after'
Say "I Don't" to Post-Wedding Weight Gain continued...
Lee and Mercer offer these tips for avoiding postwedding weight gain:
- Keep a well-stocked pantry. Having no food in the house can cause too many
trips through the drive-through.
- Plan meals ahead. Go to the grocery store with a list.
- Focus on seasonal fruits and vegetables. It'll help your budget as well as
ensure a healthy variety.
- Watch portion sizes. Men are usually larger and require more calories than
women, so portion sizes among couples shouldn't necessarily be equal.
- Make exercise a part of your new life together. Take a walk after dinner,
or learn a new sport as a couple.
"Cooking and exercising together is a good way to support each
other," says Lee, "and that's an important part of marriage."