Water and Stress Reduction: Sipping Stress Away
What's the link between water and stress reduction?
Tips for Drinking Enough Water Each Day
How can you build more water consumption into your day? Try these tips:
- Carry an insulated sports bottle with you and fill it up periodically.
- Keep a glass of water on your desk at work.
- Keep another glass next to your bed. Many of us wake up dehydrated first thing in the morning.
- Switch one glass of soda or cup of coffee for a glass of water.
- Drink small amounts of water throughout the day. Six glasses all at once isn’t good for you!
If there are certain places and times in your life when you know you’re under extra stress -- at work, at carpool pickup or dropoff, during a particular class -- be sure to have a bottle of water with you to sip during those high-stress times. “Think about times of the day when you can fit it in, and make a conscious effort,” Melto says.