You Can Be a 'Biggest Loser,' Too
Experts and contestants from 'The Biggest Loser' TV show offer weight-loss advice.
Recipes From The Biggest Loser Cookbook continued...
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄8 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
1 pork tenderloin (11⁄4 pounds), trimmed of visible fat
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon minced garlic
11⁄2 teaspoons hot-pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.Lightly mist a small roasting pan or
ovenproof skillet with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, cinnamon, salt, black pepper, allspice,
garlic powder, and chipotle pepper.
- Rub the pork evenly with the olive oil. Then rub evenly with the spice
mixture until coated. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the honey, garlic, and hot-pepper
sauce. Whisk to mix. Set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot enough
for a spritz of water to sizzle on it. With an oven mitt, briefly remove the
pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray. Place the pork in the
pan. Cook for 1 minute per side, or until browned on all sides.
- Transfer to the prepared pan. With a basting brush, evenly coat the pork
with the reserved honey mixture. Roast the tenderloin in the oven for 16 to 18
minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reaches 160 degrees F
and the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven. Cover the pork loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand
for 10 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board. Holding a knife at a
45-degree angle, cut into thin slices. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 221 calories, 30 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat (2 g
saturated), 92 mg cholesterol, less than 1 g fiber, 375 mg sodium
Thin and Crispy BBQ Chicken Pizza Snack Wedges
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic members: Journal 1 serving as 1 slice bread + 1
serving lean meat with 1 teaspoon fat + 2 ounces low-fat cheese