Grilled Pineapple and Chili Pork Tenderloin continued...
3. Halfway through the cooking, lay the pineapple slices on the grill. Turn them once.
4. Remove pineapple and pork and let them rest for 5 minutes.
To plate: top mesclun greens with one pineapple slice. Slice pork and shingle against the pineapple. Spoon chutney over sliced pork.
350 calories, 11 g fat (3.5 saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein. Calories from fat: 28%.
Grilled Sausage, Onion, and Basil Pizza
Hold the pepperoni! This pizza, topped with sweet Vidalia onions, savory lean turkey sausage, earthy mushrooms, and sharp Asiago cheese, has everything you could ask for. Rolling out the dough is fun, so give it a try. Your first efforts may not turn out as perfectly round as New York's finest, but whatever the shape, your pies will boast all the flavor and fewer calories.
Note: Unless you have an extra large grill, you will have to cook the pizzas one at a time.
Servings: 16 (two 12-inch pizzas)
2 ready-made pizza doughs or ready-made crusts such as whole wheat Boboli
6 oz low-fat, precooked smoked turkey sausage, casing removed, cut in bite-size pieces
½ cup pizza sauce
4 oz oyster mushrooms, sliced thin. White mushrooms make a fine substitute.
1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4 oz shredded Asiago cheese
6 oz shredded low-sodium, mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grapeseed or canola oil
8 leaves fresh basil
1. Roll out pizza crust according to directions or use a ready-made pizza crust.
2. Spread half of the pizza sauce on each crust. Divide and place half of the onion, mushrooms, garlic, and sausage bits evenly onto pizza. Mix the two cheeses together and top the first pizza with half of it. Repeat steps for next pizza.
1. Set the grill on medium high. When hot, brush the grill with grapeseed or canola oil. Place one pizza on the grill, covered, until cheese is bubbling, about 7–10 minutes. Remove with pizza peel or with two metal spatulas. Tear the basil leaves into strips and sprinkle on the pizza, slice, and serve.
2. Don't forget to put the other pizza on the grill before you sit down to eat!
230 calories, 8 g fat (3.5 saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Calories from fat: 31%.