Good for you: You’ve achieved your desired weight. Next up? Keeping it off. Yes, you can! Have a positive attitude. The changes you made can stick.
Use these five tips to help you stay on track:
- Don’t skip meals. Skipping meals can slow your metabolism down. Skipping meals can also cause overeating later in the day.
- Weigh yourself once a week. You may not always feel a difference in how your clothes fit, so you need to keep tabs on the numbers on the scale
- Keep a health journal. To ensure you’re sticking to your healthy goals, write down everything you eat or drink. Be honest and accurate; otherwise, the journal is not as helpful. The journal will help you see when you’re reaching for higher-calorie foods, so you can make adjustments. You can also record when you exercise (and how long). Notice any trends -- for example, if you’re gaining weight because you’re eating the same but stopped exercising.
- Stay committed to a healthy diet. Eat a variety of foods to get all the nutrients you need. Include choices from whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean protein sources.
- Be active. Now’s not the time to cut back on your workouts. You still want to exercise most days of the week. Physical activity is one of the most important aspects of keeping weight off, so make sure you’re building it into your daily routine.