Setting Weight-Loss Goals - Topic Overview
Setting goals is an important tool for managing your weight. Think about why you want to lose weight, and then set your goals. Also, prepare for slip-ups.
yourself the following:
- Do your goals focus primarily on behavior changes
or on achieving a certain weight?
- Is your main goal to improve your
health or your appearance?
- Do your goals include changes you can
live with for the rest of your life?
- Are the goals you wish to
achieve your goals or someone else's?
- Do you think your life will
be better (you will be happier, people will accept you more, your life will be
more exciting) if you lose weight?
- Do you think that if you could
just lose your extra weight, you would then be able to keep it
- Is your appearance more important to you than your
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
April 05, 2013
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Setting Weight-Loss Goals Topics