Your Weight Loss Checklist
Trying to trim down? Whether you have a few pounds to shed or need to drop more than that for your health, these tips will get you on the path to success.
- Cut up veggies and fruit and keep them at eye level in your fridge for healthy snacks.
- Write down your reasons for wanting to lose weight. Post them where you'll see them every day.
- Use a food diary or app to track and manage what you eat.
- Keep moving! Sitting at home and watching TV could be a trigger to eat when you’re not hungry.
- Put your fork down between bites. Think about what you are eating.
- Eat only when you're really hungry. If you're bored or stressed, go for a walk or text a friend.
- Work your way up to 30 minutes of exercise on most days.
- Serve your meals on smaller plates. You'll be more likely to eat less.
- Don't eat snacks out of the bag or box. Put a single serving into a bowl.
- Have water instead of high-calorie, sugary drinks.
- Eating out? Ask the waiter to box up half your food before he brings it to the table.
- Wear a pedometer to motivate you to walk more.
- Eat breakfast every day. That way you won't be starved and overeat later in the day.
- Pack a healthy lunch for work or school to help you avoid temptation.
- Weigh yourself regularly to track your weight loss. Celebrate the new healthy you!
- Plan meals ahead of time, so you know they'll be healthy.