Frequently Asked Questions About Digestive Diseases
10. When Should I Call the Doctor About Digestive Problems?
You should call your health care provider if you have any of the following digestive symptoms.
- Heartburn that persists and/or becomes more severe, or is not relieved by medication
- A sensation of food caught in the chest or throat
- Unusual or persistent abdominal pain
- Discomfort that interferes with daily activities
- Difficult or painful swallowing
- Heartburn that causes vomiting
- Vomiting of blood
- Bloody or black stools
- Dramatic weight loss
- Persistent hoarseness and/or a sore throat
- Episodes of choking
- Persistent diarrhea
- New or persistent constipation