Medical History for Hemorrhoids
- Eating a low-fiber diet.
- Not getting enough fluids.
- Drinking too much alcohol or caffeinated drinks (like coffee or soda).
- Prolonged sitting, straining, or holding your breath during bowel movements.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent heavy lifting or holding your breath when lifting heavy objects.
Medical conditions that make you prone to hemorrhoids include:
Primary Medical ReviewerAnne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerKenneth Bark, MD - General Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery
Current as ofNovember 14, 2014