Peptic Ulcer Disease - Surgery
Surgery is rare, but it is needed sometimes to treat:
If surgery is suggested, you
may want to:
- Seek a second opinion and ask whether all
medicine treatment options have been tried.
- Compare the cost of
long-term medicine treatment to the one-time cost of
- Remember that no surgery can completely prevent ulcers
- Find a surgeon who has a lot of experience with
surgery for ulcers.
When surgery is done, it usually
involves one or more of the following:
- Cutting one or more of the nerves to the
- Widening the opening of the bottom of the
- Removing part of the stomach (partial
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
January 04, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Peptic Ulcer Disease Topics