When to Call a Doctor About Digestive Problems
You should call your health care provider if you have any of the following digestive symptoms:
- Your heartburn persists and/or becomes more severe.
- You have the sensation of food caught in your chest or throat.
- You have unusual or persistent abdominal pain.
- Your discomfort interferes with your lifestyle or daily activities.
- You have difficulty swallowing or have pain when swallowing.
- Your heartburn is not relieved by medication or causes you to vomit.
- You vomit blood.
- You have bloody or black stools.
- You have lost a significant amount of weight.
- You have persistent hoarseness and/or sore throat.
- You have episodes of choking.
- You have persistent diarrhea.
- You have new or persistent constipation.