This product is used to treat dryness and irritation inside the nose (nasal passages) caused by dry room air, medications, allergies, colds, or other conditions. This product helps add moisture inside the nose to dissolve and soften thick or crusty mucus, making it easier to remove the mucus. This helps to prevent nosebleeds, relieve a stuffy nose, and make breathing easier.
This product contains moisturizers in a gentle purified salt solution (also called saline or sodium chloride solution). It does not contain any medication.
With clean hands, apply a small amount of this product into each nostril, usually every 4 hours or as needed. Follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
If your condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.
Side effects usually do not occur with use of this product. However, if the inside of your nose is very dry and irritated, mild stinging may occur. If this effect persists or worsens, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
If your doctor has directed you to use this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
In the US -
Before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to any of its ingredients; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
This product is safe to use during pregnancy.
This product is safe to use if you are breast-feeding.
If you are using this product under your doctor's direction, your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with your doctor or pharmacist first.
Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
There have been no reports of overdose with this product.
Do not share this product with others. Doing so may increase the risk of infection. Keep the opening of the container clean.
Refer to storage information printed on the package. Keep the container tightly closed. If you have any questions about storage, ask your pharmacist. Keep all drug products away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Information last revised May 2010. Copyright(c) 2010 First Databank, Inc.
Sorry. No images are available for this medication.
With WebMD's Medicine Cabinet, you can check interactions with drugs.Go to medicine cabinet