What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Abatacept (With Maltose) Solution, Reconstituted (Recon Soln) to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAIL; ANIMAL DATA SUGGEST IMMUNOLOGIC FUNCTION CHANGES
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: DUE TO DRUG PHARMACOLOGY, DRUG MAY NOT BE ABSORBED BY INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Elderly at increased risk for serious infection and malignancy.
Giving Abatacept (With Maltose) Solution, Reconstituted (Recon Soln) to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: No safety and efficacy in juvenile idiopathic arthritis age < 2 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: Update vaccines prior to initiation. Increased risk of diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain. No safety data for IV administration age < 6 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.