This medication is for use on the skin only. Do not shake the container if the cap is removed. Follow all directions on the product package and use as directed by your doctor. Apply as directed by your doctor, generally once daily to affected skin. Keep this medication away from your eyes, nose, and mouth. If contact occurs on these areas or skin that should not be treated, rinse thoroughly with soap and water. If a skin reaction occurs even after rinsing, contact your doctor promptly.
Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. Remember to use it at the same time each day.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Irritation or redness of the skin may occur. Skin lightening or hardening may also occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
In the US -
Before using formaldehyde, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
If overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If accidentally swallowed, you may experience symptoms such as: severe pain/swelling/ulcers of the mouth or throat, bloody vomit or diarrhea, dizziness, loss of consciousness, seizures.
Do not share this medication with others.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Apply cap tightly after each use. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Information last revised March 2013. Copyright(c) 2013 First Databank, Inc.
With WebMD's Medicine Cabinet, you can check interactions with drugs.Go to medicine cabinet