Sklice topical Warnings
Sklice topical Uses
This medication is used to treat head lice, tiny insects that attach to your hair and live on the blood from your scalp. Head lice infestation causes itching and irritation of the scalp. Ivermectin works by paralyzing and killing parasites such as lice and their eggs (nits).
Ivermectin lotion is not recommended for use in children younger than 6 months of age. Too much medication may be absorbed through their skin, leading to an increased risk of side effects.How to use Sklice topical
Read the Patient Information Leaflet and instructions for use if available from your pharmacist before you start using ivermectin and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Apply ivermectin lotion only to dry hair and scalp. Use enough lotion (up to 1 tube) to completely coat and cover all of your hair from the roots to the ends and all of your scalp. Leave it on for a full 10 minutes, then rinse off with water. Children should have an adult apply this medication for them.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes. If this occurs, flush your eyes with water. Do not swallow this medication. Do not use ivermectin lotion in your mouth, vagina, or other areas of your body. Wash your hands after applying this medication.
This medication is for a single use only. Throw away any unused lotion. You may use a fine-tooth comb or a special lice/nit comb to remove dead lice/nits.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Sklice topical Side Effects
Eye redness/irritation, dry skin, or a stinging/burning feeling may rarely occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
In the US -
Sklice topical Precautions
Before using ivermectin, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: skin conditions.
During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Sklice topical Interactions
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.
Sklice topical Overdose
This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If swallowing or overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: rash, swelling, headache, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, numbness/tingling, seizures, loss of coordination, shortness of breath.NOTES:
Do not share this medication with others.
To prevent the spread of lice, wash in hot water or dry clean all recently used clothing, hats, bedding, and towels. Soak and wash in hot water all hair care items such as brushes, combs, and hair clips.MISSED DOSE:
Store at room temperature. Do not freeze. This medication is for single use only. Throw away any unused lotion. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
Information last revised March 2013. Copyright(c) 2013 First Databank, Inc.