Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of sertraline oral.

7/21/2008 12:40:24 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
I originally started taking this for the anxiety part of my depression. Worked great, and greatly eased my symptoms. However, my sex drive went to a stand-still. That was the only side-effect that I got from the drug. I am no longer on it, and it was an easy drug to wean off of.

7/20/2008 2:55:50 PM

Reviewer: dadgreen57, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
VA doctor's prescribed this for me, 2 wks ago, and took me off prozac...I feel sooooomuch better...less suicidal thoughts, better mood and easier for my wife to live with me.

6/27/2008 12:57:08 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This treatment has been a positive experience for me. I have used other medications for depression and everyone of them made my symptoms worse than they were to begin with, I am been on this for over 6 months and it sits well on the stomach, aids in getting to and staying asleep. Did not affect my appetite or weight. Only one problem and that would be the lack of interest in a sex life. But then a ... Show Full Comment

6/25/2008 3:29:23 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have noticed a difference in sadness and irritability, but also a PROFOUND lack of interest in sex. Coming from someone who was generally a 6x a week person now I have desire for only once or twice a week. Not a huge problem for me.. but my boyfriend is a little annoyed.

6/9/2008 8:54:28 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It seemed to work, but I also occasionaly had thoughts of suicide. I would never do it, but it ocaasionally crossed my mind in my thoughts. I don't know if this was from the drug itself or because I was in a deep depression from my current divorce. It's hard to say.