Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prograf Oral.

1/30/2009 4:12:25 PM

Reviewer: yankeeflyer72, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Feb. 19th '09 will be 1 year since Liver Tx due to Cirrhosis caused by Hep-C. Also development of liver Cancer. Initially I was taking 3.5mg twice daily, increased to 4mg daily, gradually reduced dosage until now I am at .5mg(1/2mg.) daily. Blood work shows Prograf level at 6.4-6.9. Type 2 Diabetes was controlled by diet prior to Tx. Now must use insulin. Very happy with results. Also ta ... Show Full Comment

1/15/2009 12:22:47 PM

Reviewer: rj, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
It has been nearly a year since my transplant. I am taking 4 mg am and pm. Night sweats is my biggest complaint and some sleepness nights. All and all has been very good for me and I am very pleased.

1/12/2009 9:30:26 AM

Reviewer: My2Livers, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
the drug manufacturers don't tell us about hair loss, brain damage, severe depression, hallucinations, spinal cord damage, memory loss, cognitive problems, shaking, etc. I've been on it for 5 years and my pre-prograf MRI of my brain was fine. Now I have brain damage. I've also been diagnosed as severely bi-polar, and my once thick hair is all but gone!

8/2/2008 12:05:33 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Prograf has worked well for me for 8+ years. I developed high blood pressure and diabetes after transplant and due to the drug. Some leg/joint pain which prevents significant exercise. Overall, the side effects do not limit me from enjoying life. I have not experienced any episodes of rejection to date. Prograf is the only post transplant drug I've used, so can not compare to any others.

7/9/2008 6:45:41 PM

Reviewer: johnnys33, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Prograf is a life saver, transplanted 1/2/2000 and doing great after 8+ years. Took heavy doses of steroids right after transplant but quickly moved to prograf. 3mg twice a day keeps the doctor away. I have diabetes just diagnosed this year, but I need to lose some weight (20 lbs.) and I'll be fine. Thanks to the transplant team and clinic follow-up at Univ of Penn.