Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of epoetin alfa injection.

1-3 of 3
    9/19/2013 9:35:41 AM

Reviewer: joelmontel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
    I am on dialysis for 9 months now it's 3 times a week from Dec-july, now twice a week becaus I can't afford it I have low hemoglobin and my doctor ordered blood transfusion. It is uncomfortable and time consuming now my doctor give me epoetin alfa-eposino 600 iu which he said produce more blood. Is this necessary, I can afford these treatment I basiclly rely from my relatives my insurance ... Show Full Comment

12/16/2010 1:00:29 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have low red blood cells due to Hepatitis C treatment--pegylated interferon and ribavirin. Procrit (epoetin alpha) helped me tremendously--I got my energy back when I had extreme fatigue from the treatment. I Started at 40,000 units per week and it worked so well the Doc put me on every other week. The only thing I noticed on the down side was that the shots sting--but that goes away quickly.

9/23/2007 3:54:04 PM

Reviewer: Concerned, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
    He has been on this inj. since 7/2007 he is now on 40000 u every week. usuallly for 2days after the inj. he feels achey and has no energy. He doesn't seem to have too much energy the rest of he week. He is on this for anemia and does have other problems. I thought by now he should be feeling better.

1-3 of 3