Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of evening primrose oil oral.

9/28/2015 1:19:18 PM

Reviewer: Daisy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I started using 1000mg EPO once a day, several months ago for hot flashes and enjoyed a reduction in frequency and severity. Recently, I increased the dose to twice per day with the intention to eliminate the hot flashes completely. However, with the increased dosage I noticed bothersome side effects of very soft stools, headache and increased heart rate. Back to once per day!

6/10/2015 10:46:30 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking EPO for hair loss due to hypothyroid. I got my thyroid medication adjusted properly about 6 months ago (TSH was over 3.0 at that time) and had noticed a lot of hair loss then. I started EPO about 3 months ago and it seems to be working well. My hairloss has minimized and it looks like my hair has started to return to 'normal'. Satisfied so far.

2/11/2015 8:21:07 AM

Reviewer: baznailer, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been menopausal for 10 years now and started taking EPO since 2011 when I went off low dose hormones completely. I wasn't having hot flashes but I was experiencing night sweats which interfered with my sleep. My doctor recommended EPO and it works great. I started out taking 2 three times a day and then tapered off to 2 in the morning and 2 before bed. I find how well it works depend ... Show Full Comment

1/9/2015 3:40:29 PM

Reviewer: cindyc, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I love it!!! I have rosacea and women's evening primrose oil has been a life saver. It has evened out my complexion, reduced the dryness and itch and a bonus my hair has grown very long. I recommend this product if you want better skin and hair.

6/30/2014 11:47:34 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have used it for breast pain for 1 year and know longer have that pain.