Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tessalon Perles Oral.

4/15/2014 8:40:57 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I went to urgent care needing something for my cough so I could get some sleep. These were not the answer. I am calling my doctor today to if I can get something else. Don't waste your money on these.

4/6/2014 11:53:23 AM

Reviewer: wb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I used to take these when I was a smoker and even the slighted cold would leave a lingering cough. These worked beautifully and helped me sleep. Now that I am no longer a smoker, these did not work. Recently after another bout of coughing after a cold, my doctor prescribed these and it put me in worse shape and I developed a nagging cough for a few days. I had no idea what it was but decided t ... Show Full Comment

4/5/2014 4:10:08 PM

Reviewer: thompa, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Prescribed for a nagging cough caused by postnasal drip. Minimal, short-term effect. No help at all with nighttime coughing. I have experienced better relief from OTC cough syrups.

4/2/2014 11:04:07 AM

Reviewer: Karen O, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Did not help my cough AT ALL! The first hour it would suppress it slightly, then the cough was back full force. And you can only take this once every 8 hours..So I was screwed for the last 7 hours. Terrible experience.

3/18/2014 5:21:51 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This drug worked wonders for my daughter who was 6 when she took it in the ER. Come to find out it's not supposed to be used in children under 10. I was prescribed them in the ER yesterday and they have done absolutely NOTHING to help me. The best cough medicine I have found to date is Tussinex (Hydrocodone extended release), but good luck getting it unless you have a trusting relationship wit ... Show Full Comment