Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of atenolol oral.

9/6/2014 3:39:52 AM

Reviewer: spotty, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
I was first placed on 50mg of Atenolol which caused me to develop a whole bunch of unpleasant symptoms. I had diahorhea, very slight chest pain at first, wrestless nights and restless leg syndrome (which I've never had in my life. I asked my physician if I could reduce my BP medication to 25mg, down from 50mg and it worked! All of my symptoms disappeared yet my blood pressure was still in chec ... Show Full Comment

9/3/2014 5:55:47 PM

Reviewer: mjo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This drug replaced my metoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide. Been on it for 3 months and feel no side effects, and has replaced taking 3 pills a day with just 1/2 of one.

9/3/2014 8:17:36 AM

Reviewer: Seanbt, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this drug for many years, pretty sure it was responsible for giving me gynaecomastia. Oh what fun.

7/31/2014 5:04:36 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
my blood pressure is better, however, I have noticed a considerable amount of hair loss and dry mouth

7/17/2014 11:24:13 AM

Reviewer: road2oz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Was on it for 3 years. BP never stayed in good range all day. Then all of a sudden my heart rate dropped. It got as low as 36. I passed out 4 times in one week ended up in hospital. all tests for heart and lungs good. Cardiologist saw me and said it was the atenolol. took me off of it and put me on lisinopril but, it isn't work ing good either.

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?