Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Doryx oral.

12/21/2013 10:17:39 PM

Reviewer: Son with acne, 13-18 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 14 year old son starting taking Doryx for his severe acne. He has been taking it for almost 3 months with great results. Absolutely no side effects. It did take about 5 weeks for all of the acne to be gone. He is using it with epiduo and washing his face in Accent face wash and lotion. I'm not sure how long he will be on Doryx. He goes back to Dr soon. I'm praying once he stops using th ... Show Full Comment

12/9/2013 5:19:20 PM

Reviewer: upset, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Please DO NOT take this medication. I only took it for 3 days, & the side effects were almost unbearable, including: Unusual headache (more severe than normal), joint pain, hives (never experienced this before), nausea (almost vomited), light-headed, dizzy, trouble with vision & focusing, skin redness in my face. I was home alone when these symptoms happened in my otherwise healthy body an ... Show Full Comment

7/3/2013 12:15:49 AM

Reviewer: ThisLady, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had adult acne for years, I've been taking Doryx for 18 months now and have been acne free for 17 of those. I may get a pimple the week of my period, but nothing more than that. The first month it did give me diarrhea, but now there are zero side effects except for great skin! I call it a miracle drug. It has changed my life.

4/28/2013 1:45:28 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication for acne. I have struggled with acne my entire life. My new dermatologist wasted no time putting me on this and Epiduo, the latter because I had been before. I found it strange that I had to have a coupon to cover part of the expense--clearly the dr. knew that insurance companies don't like covering either of these name brand drugs. It was a hassle to get these ... Show Full Comment

4/7/2013 8:06:29 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It works really well and clears up acne fast. My skin looks and feels perfect. I've only had two problems - 1. getting off of it because my skin doesn't stay clear and 2. sunburns, I have a fair complexion so it's already easy for me to get sunburn, but this medicine seems to make it worse. I highly recommend doryx though!