Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Imodium.

7/12/2014 10:38:55 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I've always had good luck using this med. However, on one occasion I took too many in 24 hours and ended up with terrible kidney pain for 3 days. I'll be much more careful in the future when using this med. Following directions!

2/1/2014 8:17:18 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am allergic to sulphur. Wasn't aware of any allergy to loperamide. Took two tabs to ease diarrhea after food poisoning. Had severe allergic reaction stomach cramps, hives to face esp head and eyes as well as to other sorts of scalp and torso. If this helps anyone else it will be worth it. It has added to my discomfort whilst on holiday. Wish I had known before I took it. My eyes are badly ... Show Full Comment

12/12/2013 8:40:10 PM

Reviewer: Hernan, 75 or over Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Diarrhea
8/6/2011 6:56:01 PM

Reviewer: My experience , 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been lactose intolerant for many years. I started taking Anti-Diarrheal (Loperamide HCI 2mg) and my uncontrollable,loose stools have hardened to a more manageable type. I use to have to get to the bathroom with great urgency and had only seconds to spare. Now I can actually wait in line like anyone else. I no longer stress about it when I go out. What a relief. If I am going somewhere ... Show Full Comment

7/25/2011 2:02:16 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I use the Quick Dissolve kind & it's helped me with my IBS tremendously. A few years a go I'd been using presciption imodium before church without any success & I'd gotten to the point that I wouldn't go to church but now I take 1 or 2 of Quick Dissolve before service & no problem whatsoever.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.