Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Procardia XL oral.

1/2/2010 9:00:00 AM

Reviewer: PROCARDIA XL, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    i HAVE BEEN TAKING PROCARDIA XL (90 MG) FOR 1-1/2 MONTHS. IT LEAVES ME WITH A SHAKEY FEELING AND QUEASY STOMACH. ALSO MY LEGS ARE VERY TIRED ALL THE TIME. MY DR. PUT ME ON THIS MED. I WAS ON TOPROL XL PREVIOUSLY.

12/12/2009 11:05:07 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have taken this drug for a little less than 1 month. The day I took the first pill, 60mg, my blood pressure was within the low normal range. However, the ankle and lower leg swelling was not acceptable. Also, more frequent and lengthy urination. The drug also caused headaches. I have stopped taking the medication and am starting a daily exercise program.

12/3/2009 1:31:17 PM

Reviewer: mslydia1, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    This drug started out as being a wonderful drug. It kept my blood pressure very low. I have been taking this drug for over 15 years. I was borderline hypertensive and now with hindsight, I should have never let a doctor talk me into going on meds. He never indicated diet and exercise. Nevertheless, even though the drug is keeping my blood pressure down, I am now developing chest pains, and diff ... Show Full Comment

11/11/2009 4:34:44 PM

Reviewer: renonevada, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on this medication for 11 years, no problems including taking it during pregnancy. I have a family history of high blood pressure, and was sad but not surprised to start taking this at 30. It still works. I can say that I have told my doc in recent years that I have lowered libido, and she told me it could be due to this drug, but she didn't offer any other remedies either. It may ... Show Full Comment

10/5/2009 11:26:19 PM

Reviewer: OnyxLatina30, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    This medication HAS kept my BP down...usually about 116/80, BUT the side effects for me are: terrible headaches that pretty much start when I wake up and last all day until I go to sleep, also I feel light-headed, jittery and very nauseated all day. I feel bad all the time and it is hard to function at work...I will most likely have to try something different.