Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of trazodone oral.

2014 Total User Reviews

11/21/2015 11:37:43 AM

Reviewer: Candy, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The dr. told me to take it 2 hours before bedtime. It DOES take that long to kick in, but then I sleep very soundly. Having very weird dreams, though. I'm wondering if the muscle pain I'm having is related to this drug - will ask the dr. @ next visit. Dr. did not want me to stay on Ambien due to all the possible side effects like cooking or driving while asleep (!).

11/15/2015 11:22:46 PM

Reviewer: StressedInsomniac, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It does help me fall asleep. However, I'm uncomfortable with the fact that it also treats depression. I just need a sleeping pill! You have to commit to 8 hours of sleep or you'll wake up with a "hangover".

11/3/2015 8:27:37 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I take 50 mg Trazadone and 1 mg Prozasin and have been sleeping through the night. I find it doesn't help with the dreams/nightmares. I do feel out of it the next morning and takes awhile for me to come out of it. I have Fibromyalgia and find in the morning my hips and knees are killing me. Not sure if it is a side effect of this med. I am just thrilled that I am sleeping through the night. Wi ... Show Full Comment

10/24/2015 5:39:49 PM

Reviewer: luisa, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
The effectiveness depends on the brand of generic. Name brand Deseryl is no longer manufactured in the USA. The Apotex and QualityTest brands are the one ones that help me sleep. The most available bran Teva has a terrible effect on me. I don't sleep, but I am the worst daze ever and it lasts all day. Yes the other brands cause an AM daze, but it goes away and it does not make me slur my ... Show Full Comment

10/20/2015 10:51:39 PM

Reviewer: Anita, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been prescribed 100mg Trazodone & 15mg Remeron & 5mg Melatonin at bedtime. I must go to bed within 10 mins because it disables me. I wake up feeling very sedated and continue to feel this way until mid-afternoon. However, I sure do get a good nights sleep! I had been taking 12.5 Ambien CR for over 20 years.