Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metoprolol tartrate Oral.

4/2/2009 11:25:24 AM

Reviewer: psim25, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i have been on this medication for 5 days and i feel horrible. flu like symptoms after 2 days, horrible diarrhea and stomach pain. im calling my doctor today to get it switched. i was also taking the generic toprolol before it was recalled and had no problem with it. i would not recommend this medication for anyone.

4/1/2009 2:14:44 PM

Reviewer: raynittolo@gmail.com, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking this about 6 months. Was switched from Atenenol. I was prescibed for 125+ heart rate.I have been sooo tired, unmotivated, burning tingling in feet/body, blurred vision, not able to sleep well and urinating frequently at night. I have also gained weight after losing quit a few pounds, although I can attribute that to lack of energy, I think. I was on lipronosil(?), but quit it ... Show Full Comment

3/27/2009 3:39:29 PM

Reviewer: Muttchen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
After trying a number of different meds that all gave me the scatchy thoat side effect in the worst way, I have been on this for about a year. Except for the weight gain (15 lbs since I started), I am pretty much side effect free. Seems like I am one of the lucky ones.

3/26/2009 2:51:17 PM

Reviewer: cece, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this once a day and the pharmacy said they were changing to 2x a day. Since taking this medication. I have noticed that I keep gaining weight 30 pounds. bad leg cramps at night. I walked a block to the subway and my left leg was hurting so bad. I have never been this tired before in my life. I made an appt with Doc on monday to stop this.

3/19/2009 11:38:06 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking the medication after a hospitalization for kidney stone and my blood pressure went from normal to 182/102. Side effects I noticed after 6 weeks were lethargy, severe leg cramps during the night, could not quench my thirst, constant headache, blurred vision and had decreased energy level and tired all the time. Prior to taking this med, I had lots of energy and was very motivated. ... Show Full Comment

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver