Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metformin Oral.

10/30/2008 1:02:22 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have Type 2 diabetes that was under control before I started taking this med.  I am not overweight, but I began to GAIN weight when I took this with my birthcontrol!  I had symptoms when I first started taking this, but they went away after about the first week.  But, I couldn't move up to 1000mg because it gave my severe diarrhea.  I took it for about 4 months and began ... Show Full Comment

10/29/2008 2:55:48 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
10/25/2008 9:17:31 PM

Reviewer: ironmanndfw, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Used med in past. Keppt Bglucose around 110-130, now bs 435 as I just returned to med yesterday. My body will adjust to teh meds in about a week or 2, then I should have better numbers.

10/25/2008 2:30:09 AM

Reviewer: uswretlady, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this sorry excuse for a med for about a week. That is a week minus 3 days that my Dr took me off of it since I was getting dehydrated from the diarrhea 6-8 times or more a day. While I was off of this med my glucose was around 115-120. Now that I've gone back on 250 mg once a day, it has shot up to 140. I'm to take 250 mg once a day for a week, then 500 once a day for a ... Show Full Comment

10/25/2008 1:26:42 AM

Reviewer: knotpd4, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
500Mg was way too much for me. doctor overmedicated me. i had to cut tablet in half... and then cut in half again... most days i only need 100Mg unless i go to a baffet...then i take 125Mg. good news is i'm lucky the drug works so well... but it was a rough road getting to the right dose... i wonder if the drug was really indicated for me ... thou?

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
Tips to kick the habit.
richly colored hair
What your hair says about your health?
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
Girl drinking orange juice