Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metformin oral.

11/1/2008 11:24:19 PM

Reviewer: ana, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
    10/30/2008 1:02:22 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have Type 2 diabetes that was under control before I started taking this med.  I am not overweight, but I began to GAIN weight when I took this with my birthcontrol!  I had symptoms when I first started taking this, but they went away after about the first week.  But, I couldn't move up to 1000mg because it gave my severe diarrhea.  I took it for about 4 months and began ... Show Full Comment

10/29/2008 2:55:48 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
    10/25/2008 9:17:31 PM

Reviewer: ironmanndfw, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Used med in past. Keppt Bglucose around 110-130, now bs 435 as I just returned to med yesterday. My body will adjust to teh meds in about a week or 2, then I should have better numbers.

10/25/2008 2:30:09 AM

Reviewer: uswretlady, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on this sorry excuse for a med for about a week. That is a week minus 3 days that my Dr took me off of it since I was getting dehydrated from the diarrhea 6-8 times or more a day. While I was off of this med my glucose was around 115-120. Now that I've gone back on 250 mg once a day, it has shot up to 140. I'm to take 250 mg once a day for a week, then 500 once a day for a ... Show Full Comment

diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.