Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Glucophage Oral.

4/26/2013 6:45:26 PM

Reviewer: mashugana, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on glucophage 500mg twice a day for 10 years recently my dr doubled dose ac1 levels 6.1 /7 2000 mg daily it caused severe gi problems dehydration severe abdominal pain sending me to er bloating gas diareaha vomiting many tests were scheduleded including catscan with dye requring me to stop taking it. 2days after stopping meds my stomache quit hurting bloating gone diareaha ... Show Full Comment

9/13/2012 7:37:39 PM

Reviewer: jmechanic5, Male (Patient)

Comment:
I don't have any problems taking it

7/9/2012 5:05:47 PM

Reviewer: cocoa, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Last A1C 6.7. I take 1000mg twice daily for last 2 years. Can not seem to lose any weight. Have gained 20 lbs. arounf syomach area. I feel tired, painful muscles, have just recently been dx. fibromyalgia.

6/12/2012 7:24:48 AM

Reviewer: AMP, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am 48years old.I have been using glucophage (500mg x 2times/Daily) for the past 5 years to control diabetes type 2, I never experienced any side effects.now doctor has advised me to take 3pills of 500mg a day since my HbA1c value was above 7%.So far, I am happy

4/17/2012 5:40:40 PM

Reviewer: Flawless43, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have beeb taking this medication for 5 days now and I hate it. I feel tired all day, dizziness,nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upsets. The worst side effect is the nausea. I hope the side effects go away soon. I don't know how much more of this I can take...