Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dilaudid-HP Inj.

6/30/2014 12:01:14 AM

Reviewer: Shelby, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was taken to the ER for excruciating pain due to a kidney stone. I instructed them that morphine does not work for me, I needed Demerol, as I had learned from a previous surgery. They said they didn't have Demerol, and gave me Dilaudid. Although I felt a warm feeling and very dizzy after the injection, it did nothing to minimize my pain. It did effect my responsiveness in general and I ... Show Full Comment

10/22/2013 9:19:44 AM

Reviewer: Raven Steel, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Fell at work and was taken to the emergency room, was given a 2 mg shot of Dilaudid, pain was gone from my knee that resembled a small pumpkin. Word of warning, drug deadens the pain receptors in the brain, but the damage to the area is still there, any use of area can result in flare-ups of greater pain,such as bending the knee or standing without support.

1/10/2013 4:17:34 AM

Reviewer: TwoDimes, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have a chronic back pain issue. I have had to go to an E.R. several times when the pain has been completely unmanageable - absolutely excruciating. Each time that I have been given either Dilaudid 2mgs IM or IV, I end up having difficulty urinating, having violent shivering and shaking that lasts for hours, very increased anxiety/panic, and pounding headaches. I, as well, will have internal hall ... Show Full Comment

1/13/2010 3:02:03 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this injection when I was taken to the emergency room for severe stomach cramps and bloody diarreah. It turns out, I had food poisoning which resulted in infectious colitis. After the nurse injected this into my IV, within a minute or two the pain went away.

10/26/2009 12:29:59 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The quaility of potentence of the medicence its potent, although you must be quailified to inject the meds. Overall pain relief is excellent but there's a short life of the med. so in addition I suggest a break through pain med, like an oxycodone.

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash