Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dilaudid-HP Inj.

11/19/2008 4:54:00 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I went to the ER with severe abdominal pain. After the the nurse gave me an IV with dilaudid within 2 minutes the pain was gone, and i felt good. It did constipate me though.I gave it 3 stars for ease of use bacause, it is an injectable. I had no dizzyness or vomiting. Nothing, just felt better. Really relaxed.It turned out i have a very large gall stone. I recomend this drug for severe pain.

11/14/2008 9:03:56 AM

Reviewer: Crys, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given an injection of Dilaudid after a shot of toradol, morphine failed to releive pain from severve muscle spasms and pain from a herniated disk and sciatica. It worked well for the pain but the vomiting was bad.

11/12/2008 10:00:31 AM

Reviewer: babysasha, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medication like to have blown my head off. My ears started ringing, severe dizziness, nausea, vomiting, it was awful. I was given two different types of anti nausea meds in iv to stop the side effects, however, didn't work. I slept for a full day from 1 mg of dilaudid iv. Will never have the stuff again! I thought I was overdosed.

10/9/2008 12:59:18 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It is good as far as helping ease pain. I have used it for both post-surgical pain & monthly severe uterine pain. The only problem I had with it was even after taking one pill, I would have these dizzy spells off & on over a few weeks period. Drink alot. I found it dehydrated me alot. And, if you're prone to constipation, take a laxative to help.

11/17/2007 10:08:44 PM

Comment:
I was given this in the emergency room when I had a severe migraine and it made a noticable difference. The last 2 times I had severe pain I was given demerol with very little relief.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture