Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Imitrex Oral.

6/10/2013 9:39:01 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I 'm sure I would not be here today, if not for the drug imetrex. I have had migraines for 25+ years. The first ten years no one knew what they were. Chronic migraines have severe side effects, such as depression. I thought I was crazy! Yes the imetrex makes me feel as if I 'm melting and causes arthritic flare up, but the overall result is wonderful! I can walk upright, think and speak c ... Show Full Comment

5/24/2013 4:52:27 PM

Reviewer: svelston, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this medication for my migraines, I have had them since i was a child. Well one hour after taking it I felt horrible, much worse than my migraine alone. Tension headache, like a tight band around my head. Body aches, and tension in my neck, shoulders and chest. I felt like i was walking thru mud. Horrible experience for me.

5/23/2013 12:05:49 PM

Reviewer: dancer946, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this medication due to a sever migraine, injection; it hurt like crazy and then on my way home from the Dr office I had a Grand Mal Seizure. The Dr can't find any reason for the seizure other than a reaction to the drug. Not a good experience!

5/9/2013 5:31:47 PM

Reviewer: jjohnbeacon@aol.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more

Comment:
I have had migraines since a child, would call in sick to work saying I had the flu since no one would believe how sick one could be from a "simple headache." Imitrex (and now the generic) has saved my life and I hardly ever have to stay lying down more than an hour or two to relieve a bad headache, whereas in the past it would have been at least 3 days. I sometimes will take a pain reli ... Show Full Comment

4/7/2013 1:05:13 PM

Reviewer: A techie, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Every time I took this drug I was aware that I was risking death but it really kit home when a friend's daughter died from a single dose. I no longer take it. I lucked out in that I was finally able to identify my trigger. Aspartame.