Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Imitrex oral.

6/10/2008 1:31:37 PM

Reviewer: Nandinboo, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    This has helped me with my migraines but I do get side effects- the tight jaw, needles and pins, actual pain and sensitivity to touch. Sometimes even walking makes my feet ache. But it's better than having a migraine. What I have found really helps is to take a muscle relaxer with the Imitrex. I take 10mgs of Flexerill and it helps with the side effects.

6/3/2008 2:15:08 PM

Reviewer: ldjohn, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have recently in past two years began to have every quarter a hormonally induced migrane. One being so severe I probably needed to go to the ER. I have not taken this drug and spent $195 for 9 pills and after reading the reviews I don't believe its worth the risk. Now I have a RX that I won't take.

5/23/2008 8:24:32 PM

Reviewer: kimberlybluebird, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I've had migrains since I was a teen. Nothing ever helped me. I would be in bed for days at a time and even then I would get nausous, tremble, sesitive to light and smells. Imetrex does help at times, if I take it right away. I usually don't cause I want to make sure it's not just a normal headache. The only thing that really bothers me is the packaging. I can't open it when I have ... Show Full Comment

5/2/2008 9:40:34 AM

Reviewer: umbersiii , 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Imitrex works! within 20 minutes the pain starts to diminish,and pain disappears within 40 minutes. It is important to take Imitrex promptly.

5/1/2008 10:58:56 PM

Reviewer: mlingresham2, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I have suffered from migraines since I was 12 years old. 13 years ago Dr. gave me Imitrex injections and then nasal sprays. The pills don't work for me as I generally throw them up. Imitrex has given me my life back. I do try not to use it unless it is a full blown migraine I wake up with, as there is a rebound effect to the medication. Usually Excedrin, and a short lay down will take c ... Show Full Comment