Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Imitrex Oral.

11/4/2007 11:01:31 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
It works great, but it is so expensive! Sometimes I run out before my insurance will pay for another package

11/2/2007 12:12:46 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Works great and the only thing that I've found that really gets rid of the headaches -- usually one dose will handle the migraine. Hate the cost. At $20+ per tablet, it's not affordable without insurance.

10/30/2007 1:50:54 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with migraines in my mid-thirties and I am 55 now. Imitrex is the miracle drug of the century in my opinion. The only time I am debilitated by a headache is when I wake up in the morning and the headache has progressed too far for Imitrex to work. That happens once-twice a year. Compared to multiple times a month, it's wonderful. I am very conscientious about taking the medica ... Show Full Comment

10/30/2007 12:46:41 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medicine and 30 minutes later had bad stomach cramps and my jaw and throat hurt. It kind of felt like it turned my headache upside down. I was hurting from the bottom up.

10/28/2007 9:18:17 PM

Reviewer: barbkw8@peoplepc.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Imitrex is the only medicine that will help my migraines that started when I was 51y.o. I am wondering if the ingredients in this medication could cause Liver Enzyme tests to be elevated, specifically (AST 45), should be 40. (ALT 66), should be below 40. I only drink Beringer Zinfadel in small quantities during social occasions. Could there be a connection. My Dr. is having me come back in in o ... Show Full Comment