Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Imitrex oral.

1/30/2008 12:05:52 AM

Reviewer: Lauren, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    This is my first time trying this drug and I had horrible side effects. I will not take this drug again, this is quite frightening because on 12/22/07 I suffered from a Transient Ischemic Attack and then another one on 1/29/08. After reading the Precautions, the TIA that I had was one of the things listed on the Precaution sheet. Right now as I type, I can feel horrible from this pill. This wa ... Show Full Comment

1/27/2008 2:49:39 PM

Reviewer: grandma, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    It was the miracle drug for me. Migraines are generally gone in 20 minutes with 1 dose. Have been using it for 10+ years. Have had migraines since I was 19 years old.

1/26/2008 8:34:40 PM

Reviewer: mrsminette, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I took 100 mg of Imitrex, and about 10 minutes I had an adverse reaction. I experienced facial paralysis, chest pain and tightness, then my face and head started to burn and tingle. My throat started to swell and I had trouble breathing. I started to vomit. All I could do was cry! I will never take this medication again!

1/10/2008 2:41:25 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    there was an adverse reaction to this med immediately upon taking it... i felt as if my brain caught on fire and my breathing became fast, chest pounding and eyes weak. i was pulling at my hair to try to ease the burning, and just covered my head with a large pillow until i fell asleep. when i awoke, the migraine was still there and i just felt dizzy. i couldn't stand, so i laid there another ... Show Full Comment

1/7/2008 7:23:40 PM

Reviewer: tipshaw, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I've had migraines for 20 years and nothing has worked to abort a headache as well as this. Topamax helps limit the number of headaches I get, but can't eliminate them. When I get them, 1 Imitrex works within 2 hours, and gives me a great boost of energy along with it. With NO drowsiness or side effects. It's changed my life. I couldn't live without them!!!!